|Typical safety gear|
Wise words, but a real bind when your goggles are steaming up while your cutting wood or painting (I guess I need better ones!)
Before you set out and get building the tools you'll need for ceremonial magic, you'll need some simple items for protection, a willingness to read the manuals for your tools (if using power tools, this is a must!), and a lot of common sense.
- Get goggles, gloves suited to the work you are going to undertake and USE THEM all the time.
- Make sure that you sweep your workplace often (the dust makes the floor very slippery)
- Check that you are wide awake and focused before using any tool
- Focus on job in hand, Do not let your mind wander while cutting/drilling etc...
- Use common sense and take a few moments to look at possible problems you may run into
- Read the manuals, research risks for the jobs you are doing
- Use tools without knowing what they do
- leave shavings/dust around
- Get over confident and do jobs without protection